alice

alice
“Curiouser and curiouser…”

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bad Vibrations!

This is the comic I created last week in which we took some of the aspects we discussed about graphic novels/visual literacy and combined them with some practicum experiences!



I had a tough battle with cell phones the first couple days of teaching, but once the students realized that I wasnt kidding when I said I'd take their phones away if I saw them during class- they disappeared pretty quickly!

I'm not against cell phones in the school by any means (heck, we can't even stay off them...), but I think it is a symbol of respect when you don't use your phone when someone else is taking the time to teach you something. I have always done that in my classes, and it is something I will expect out of my students. Besides, we can all stand to be disconnected from the world now and again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment