alice

alice
“Curiouser and curiouser…”

Monday, November 14, 2016

Some of my Favourites.

We all know the web is an endless array of information. Some may find this daunting, others may take an optimistic spin and realize that means there are millions of educators out there that are sharing their experiences and strategies. I do sometimes find myself in the former mindset (especially when I'm trying to find a specific thing and end up lost in a sea of sites), but more often than not these searches can land you in some pretty fantastic corners of the web. 

Here are a few sites I have found over the years that provide some awesome strategies, input, and assistance for those nights when we hit that Google Search button hoping for some help: 

Free Resources from the Net for EVERY Learner. This blog was created and maintained by VIU's own Paul Hamilton, and it is such an amazing collection of UDL resources that I find myself checking it anytime I feel I am stuck with a student or trying to figure out some form of technology that might assist in getting them engaged or able to complete coursework.

Teach Special Education (Ontario Teachers Federation). Fantastic collection of effective strategies and resources for students with special needs. Provides instructional, environmental, and assessment suggestions to benefit particular designations as well as key practices that would help any struggling learner in the classroom.

Reading Rockets. I'm sure this one is well-known (and loved), but I do love how despite this site being geared toward supporting early readers, I have found information and strategies that can be applied to secondary learners who are needing some remedial work. 

Edutopia. This site (founded by THE George Lucas) is full of resources, blog posts, videos, new and innovative educational ideas...you could spend hours searching on here and find tons of great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment