alice

alice
“Curiouser and curiouser…”

Friday, October 1, 2010

Photo-Editing

I was actually excited to do this week’s assignment- because I love photography and photo-editing! I’ve been a Picnik fan for a couple years now, and it’s definitely my favorite because of its user-friendliness and multitude of neat effects and tools!
I found my image on Creative Commons, courtesy of mikebaird.

For my first edit- using my beloved Picnik- I took the original image and did the following:

Moved the Saturation to -28
Applied the Holga-ish effect with 30% Grain and 70% Blur Edges
 Applied the 1960’s effect
 Set the Film Grain to 16%
Added some Text to the image


And voila! A very vintage feel…..even cinematic (as if it is a video still).


For my second image, I went with Sumo Paint, a program I’d never heard of before. I found this site a bit harder to navigate around and the tools not so easily displayed. I could see this one being a lot of trouble for someone not so educated in the digital photo-editing world.  That being said, Sumopaint had some really cool effects that Picnik did not!
For my second edit, I applied the following:

Stylized filter effect- Dithered Poster
I altered the Colour Balance so that Green was offset to -60


    I really like the way this one turned out as well; A highly stylized, very modern feel as opposed to the first edit.  And once I figured out how to navigate around the Sumo Paint editing tools, there were a lot of cool options to explore.
    Overall though, I think my allegiance still lies with Picnik. It was definitely still the easier one to use, and provided more than enough edit options to make a variety of unique images.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment