alice

alice
“Curiouser and curiouser…”

Thursday, May 28, 2015

584 Assignment 5: Toolbelt Theory

 Hello bloggerverse!

 Here is my utellstory-created Toolbelt Theory presentation! This took me quite a long time to create from start to finish, mostly from going through the UDL wiki (which was fantastic, by the way) and trying several of the tools listed on there. I found lots that I liked, but then narrowed it down to my favorites for the purposes of the assignment. I framed the research around a Grade 10 student who I made up, but represents several students I have worked with over the last few years. As someone with a devout love for books (and no problem breezing through an entire one in 2 or 3 days), it can sometimes surprise me how many students I meet that are so adverse to reading. However, the more I learn in this program the more I realize that in many instances there are learning blocks that are creating that animosity- and now I am more determined than ever to break those barriers down and allow for access.

I hope you like the presentation! (Follow the link below)

http://www.utellstory.com/viewstory/view/ac2d676d33afe2ead91eb0fe3b950bfd

 P.S. I hope everyone is enjoying this amazing sunshine we are currently amassed in on the West Coast-- I can hardly believe the lack of rain we have had in the spring. Although, as much as I love this weather I wouldn't be completely distraught if we did get some showers...as my allergies have been brutal over the last few days. With this wonderful weather comes pollen, cottonwood, and hay blowing in every direction on the peninsula- and my biological response is to sneeze every 10 minutes or so. However, I have been trying to eat local honey every day (a trick I heard about last year and decided to try- it's not a conclusive scientific theory by any means but check out more information on the local honey/seasonal allergy connection here) and it honestly seems to be helping. Or I'm just enjoying the placebo effect...either way, at least honey tastes delicious:)


No comments:

Post a Comment